One of the most inclusive classic auto and collector car insurance policies in the industry
Through a partnership with American Modern Insurance Group, NJM offers the opportunity to obtain policies for specialty autos that feature an agreed value total loss settlement. This means that, before the policy begins, all parties agree on the car’s value and insure it for that amount. This reduces the chance for a misunderstanding, because that agreed upon value, less the deductible, is the payout amount in the event of a total loss.
Collector Car types accepted
- Muscle cars
- Classic cars
- Street rods
- Kit cars
- Cobra replicas
- Race cars
- Military vehicles
- Fire engines
- Restorations in process
Program highlights include:
- Mileage plans are available in amounts of 1,000, 3,000, 6,000 or unlimited.
- There is only one liability charge, so a policyholder only pays a flat rate regardless of the number of vehicles on the policy.
- Lost or stolen spare parts are covered up to $2,000, with the option to increase the limit.
- Reimbursement for towing is covered up to $75 per occurrence.
- Up to $150 per day is reimbursed for transportation, lodging and expenses if the vehicle becomes disabled more than 50 miles from home for at least 24 hours.
- Up to $750 in medical expenses is paid for a pet injured while in the vehicle.
- Deductible options are available in amounts ranging from $0 to $10,000.
- Any new addition to a collection, valued up to $50,000, is covered for 30 days to allow time to formally add the car to the policy. Collectors can increase the limit.
- Several discounts are available for those that qualify.
To get more information about classic car coverage, call American Modern Insurance Group at 1-800-743-2817.
Coverage is subject to policy terms, conditions, limitations, exclusions, underwriting review and approval, and may not be available for all risks or in all states. Rates and discounts vary, are determined by many factors and are subject to change. Policies are written by one of the licensed insurers of American Modern Insurance Group, Inc., including American Modern Home Insurance Company d/b/a in CA American Modern Insurance Company (Lic. No 2222-8).