It’s the last full month of summer, so make it a fun one! Keep busy with these five things to do in New Jersey in August:
1. Pick your own peaches at the Peach Harvest Festival at Alstede Farms in Chester on August 2-3 and 9-10. A hayride will take you out to the orchard, so you can pick the ripest, juiciest peaches you can find! While you’re there, indulge in homemade peach ice cream and peach pie. The festival also has many family activities including pony rides and a moon bounce, so be sure to bring the kids!
2. Celebrate your Italian heritage by going to the Ocean Township Italian Festival, or just go to enjoy games, music, and of course, food! The festival runs from August 6-10.
3. Want to decorate your home with unique antiques? Look no further than the Warren County Antiques Show & Vintage Marketplace at the Warren County Fairgrounds in Harmony Township on August 16-17. With over 150 antiques dealers, you’ll be sure to find something beautiful for your home!
4. If you’re vacationing in Cape May, don’t miss the Classic Car Show! Bring the family down to Historic Cold Spring Village to check out vintage cars and trucks. The cars are in town August 16-17.
5. Close out the summer with one last fair at the Hunterdon County 4H & Agricultural Fair in Lambertville from August 20-24. Many vendors and exhibits are on display to promote agriculture. Don’t miss the rides and entertainment!
In addition to these events, you can always soak up the sun at the shore. Enjoy the rest of your summer!