No need to travel far or spend a lot of money this summer when there are great things going on right here in New Jersey! Here are 8 fun things to do in July:
- July is National Hot Dog Month! What better way to celebrate than in New Jersey, the home of the Italian hot dog? For the best Italian hot dog, head over to Jimmy Buff’s in Newark. They pile sausage, peppers, potatoes, and onions on pizza bread and then deep-fry it for a unique hot dog experience. Yum!
- Celebrate the Fourth of July like never before by going to the Camden Waterfront Freedom Festival from July 3-6. Put on your red, white, and blue and enjoy all the entertainment, games, and food the festival has to offer. Don’t miss the largest fireworks show in the region against the backdrop of the Benjamin Franklin Bridge and the Philadelphia skyline!
- Are you an avid runner or just looking to get some exercise? Try running in a race this summer! There are 5K races throughout the state benefiting a variety of organizations. Bring a friend with you and run for a great cause! Click here for this month’s races.
- Summer means outdoor concerts! Mercer County is presenting Music in the Park, a free summer concert series on July 18, 19, and 24. This year they are offering a selection of diverse music from Rock to Latin to Blues. Spend an evening in the park listening to great music.
- Go to Atlantic City for the weekend of July 25 to experience the Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival. Pick from a variety of packages to have a unique dining experience. You can even meet with a celebrity chef!
- It’s grilling time! The New Jersey State Barbecue Championship is running from July 11-13 in North Wildwood. Bring your appetite because you’ll get to eat some of the best barbecue around. Watch competitions and cooking demonstrations while listening to music from The Anglesea Blues Festival. You won’t leave hungry!
- Take the family to the 32nd Annual QuickChek New Jersey Festival of Ballooning from July 25-27. Watch hot air balloons take to the sky while enjoying games, food, concerts, and more. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can sign up beforehand to take a hot air balloon ride!
- Through July 6, you can get tickets to the State Fair Meadowlands for plenty of entertainment including live performers and over 150 rides and attractions.
A fun-filled summer awaits!