Everything Pumpkin Spice
Fall is a time for football, sweatshirts, changing leaves, and of course, all things pumpkin. In recent years, pumpkin spice products have dominated the market in autumn. Pumpkin images appear on packages up and down supermarket aisles, just begging the pumpkin spice lover to give them a try. It seems as if everyone is craving a piece of the pumpkin spice…pie.
Pumpkin spice products are now a $361 million business, up nearly 80 percent in the last four years. Starbucks is credited with starting the craze in 2003 when it introduced its Pumpkin Spice Latte. Since then, the drink has soared in popularity with 114,000 Twitter followers!
Other companies have joined the trend with their own pumpkin spice products. Here are just a few that might interest you:
- Quaker Pumpkin Spice Instant Oatmeal: This is a great way for any pumpkin spice lover to start off their day! Be sure to mix the oatmeal good so you get that pumpkin flavor in every bite. Where we found it: Target and Stop and Shop.
- Kashi Pumpkin Spice Flax Crunchy Granola Bar: With ingredients like pumpkin seeds, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon, this granola bar makes for a great fall snack. Two bars come in a single pack as an added bonus! Where we found it: Walmart and Target.
- Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream: The taste of pumpkin combined with the deliciousness of ice cream…could anything be better? Many ice cream shops make their own scrumptious pumpkin ice cream this time of year, so be sure to look for it. If you’re in the mood for ice cream to take home, Edy’s offers a pumpkin flavor and Turkey Hill one with a pumpkin pie flavor. Where we found it: Stop and Shop.
Local ice cream shops that offer pumpkin ice cream:
Applegate Farm – Montclair, NJ
Sweet Pea Creams & Confections – Newtown, PA
Shady Brook Farm – Yardley, PA
- Pumpkin Spice Oreos: The perfect cure for any sweet tooth. All the fun of an Oreo, with pumpkin goodness in the middle, with a hint cinnamon and nutmeg. It’s hard to eat just one! Where we found it: Walmart.
- Thomas Pumpkin Spice English Muffins: The pumpkin taste is lightly sprinkled throughout these muffins. Put them in the toaster and your kitchen will soon smell of pumpkin and nutmeg. These are perfect with just a touch of butter! Where we found it: Stop and Shop
Did we forget any? Let us know your favorite pumpkin spiced treat!