When you think of Thanksgiving, certain things are bound to come to mind. Turkey, family, and football are common themes! But there’s no question about the thing that’s on the forefront of everyone’s minds: food!
Thanksgiving is known for its traditional foods to which families often add their own twists. We’re bringing you a list of the top 10 Thanksgiving dishes (in no particular order), along with recipe ideas for each!
- Stuffing – This crumbly, flavorful side dish could be a whole meal on its own! Check out this recipe for Sausage, Apple, and Walnut Stuffing. Looking for a vegetarian stuffing recipe? Try this “Best Vegetarian Stuffing Ever”!
- Turkey – Considered to be the main dish on Thanksgiving, this delicious entree can be prepared deep-fried, smoked, boiled, or roasted the old-fashioned way!
- Mashed potatoes – These fluffy, buttery clouds of deliciousness can be made many different ways – from smooth to chunky, butter-based to olive-oil infused. Check out Food Network’s different variations, or try your own original version and add some garlic, cheese, or bacon for a fun twist!
- Ham – Not all people are avid turkey fans on Thanksgiving. Some just have to give in to that hankering for sweet, glazed ham as they sit around the dinner table. Check out this baked ham recipe that features sweet peach mustard glaze.
- Cranberry Sauce – This tangy concoction is a Thanksgiving favorite. Whether it’s canned or homemade, sweet cranberry sauce is like eating dessert with your dinner! Try these recipes and spread it over your turkey (or eat it straight from the pot, we won’t tell!).
- Pumpkin pie – Smooth and creamy, pumpkin pie is the perfect fall dessert. Try this recipe, or even buy a frozen version from your local food store.
- Rolls and bread – Okay, so this one isn’t specific to Thanksgiving. But who doesn’t love a good roll with their holiday dinner? Whether you’re dipping it in your cranberry sauce, sopping up leftover gravy, or making a turkey sandwich the next day, these doughy treats are sure to be on everyone’s list!
- Sweet potatoes – These are a classic at Thanksgiving meals, especially topped with marshmallows! Choose from plenty of variations at allrecipes.com.
- Green bean casserole – A classic American dish, green bean casseroles love to make their appearance at Thanksgiving. Don’t be wary of the idea of a casserole. With its different textures and flavors, this dish could end up being your new favorite!
- Apple pie – This sweet, classic dessert has come to be an American tradition and a family favorite. Check out Betty Crocker’s recipe for Scrumptious Apple Pie.
Now that we’ve got your mouth watering and your mind planning for this year’s Thanksgiving menu, it’s time to get started! What’s your favorite Thanksgiving dish?