Starting to get a little bit of cabin fever? Cure it by checking out what to do in New Jersey this December:
1. Enjoy holiday music and a glittering Christmas tree light show at the Historic Smithville and the Village Greene through January 6.
2. Watch the classic A Christmas Carol live at the McCarter Theatre from December 5-28.
3. Enjoy hot cocoa and cookies with your kids and some of the characters from the movie Frozen on December 5. There will be story time, sing-along, and crafts!
4. Come with the family on December 6 to see Click, Clack, Moo, a musical about life on the farm, family, and how sometimes everyone has to compromise.
5. Listen to Hanukkah stories, make crafts, enjoy snacks, and take in a performance from Cantor Scott Borsky at the Garden State Discovery Museum on December 21.
6. See holiday decorations of days gone by at Liberty Hall. Five rooms in the museum will be adorned with holiday decorations from 1910’s-1950’s until December 27.
7. Follow Buddy the Elf on his journey from the North Pole to New York City as he discovers his real identity. Elf the Musical is at the Paper Mill Play House through January 4.
8.Take a self-guided tour of Cape May’s homes, inns, hotels, and churches, all decorated for the season, on a Christmas Candlelight House Tour. Enjoy caroling, strolling musicians, and refreshments while taking in the sights. Tours are December 6, 13, & 27.
9. Attention all musicians and music lovers! Explore the world of guitars at the Liberty Science Center at their exhibit Guitar: The Instrument That Rocked the World through January, 4.
10. See how comets, asteroids, and meteors have impacted Earth and the solar system at Great Balls of Fire. The exhibit runs at the Newark Museum until January 4.
What will you be doing in New Jersey this month? Share in the comments below!