Existing New Jersey Re-Insurance policyholders can report a claim by calling:
24 hours a day, seven days a week
Claims for flood policies issued by New Jersey Re-Insurance Company are processed by our service vendor, National Flood Services (NFS), who will assign an independent adjusting company to inspect the damaged property and handle the settlement.
If you are insured for flood by New Jersey Re-Insurance Company and you have suffered a flood loss, the following steps should be taken:
- Contact NJM to report your claim.
- Protect your property from further damage as much as possible.
- If possible, take photos of the damaged areas (outside and inside) to show water marks.
- If emergency repairs must be done — such as to heating, electrical and/or water systems — proceed with the repairs and retain itemized bills for the adjuster.
- Remove damaged property from the premises. Please keep all items in one area outside, making objects available for the adjuster to assess damage.
- Make a list of all damaged items and contents to go over with the adjuster when he or she arrives.
- Keep track of all cleanup work that is done by you for possible reimbursement.
The steps in the flood claim process are also outlined in this fact sheet from the National Flood Insurance Program.