New Jersey Boat and Personal Watercraft Insurance
Get Covered in the Water
For years, NJM has offered limited liability coverage for watercraft through an endorsement on the homeowners policy. NJM is now pleased to offer more comprehensive watercraft coverage through our partnership with American Modern Insurance Group.
Watercraft types accepted*
- Ski boat
- Sail boat
- Sport fisher
*Up to 64 feet in length, 70 m.p.h. (faster for some classes), and $1 million in value ($500k if it is moored on the Atlantic Coast).
Personal watercraft protection is also available for Jet Ski® and Wave Runner® owners.
Program highlights include:
- Physical damage coverage for the hull, engines, machinery and its customary communication, navigation, safety and operating equipment.
- Liability coverage in the event of damage or destruction of another's property, or in the bodily harm of other persons.
- Medical payments to others available in limits of up to $25,000.
- Fishing gear/personal effects coverage starting at $5,000.
- Watersport liability for injuries or property damage that occurs while water skiing and other activities.
- Damage from under/uninsured watercraft.
- Accidental spill pollution coverage for expenses incurred due to containment and clean-up of a contaminant from a covered event.
- Replacement cost on partial losses.
- Consequential damage protection in the event one of the listed exclusions causes the boat to sink, burn or collide. Any damage from those events is eligible for coverage.
To get more information about watercraft coverage, call American Modern Insurance Group at 1-800-743-2817.
Did You Know?
NJM began its partnership with American Modern Insurance Group in 2015 with motorcycle and ATV insurance.
A Leader in the Industry
American Modern's property and casualty companies have been national leaders in specialty insurance since 1965.