Before You Dive In: Steps to Make Your Pool Safer, More Secure
Own a pool? Then your home is probably a popular destination for family and friends.
Here are 10 steps you can take to make your summer a safe and enjoyable one for you and your guests.
- Have secure fencing around the entire pool
- Install gate alarms to alert you when someone enters the yard
- Keep children under active adult supervision at all times
- Have inexperienced swimmers wear U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jackets
- Enroll your kids in age-appropriate water orientation or swim course
- Keep children away from pool filters, drains, and other potential entrapments
- Never allow anyone who has been drinking alcohol to use the pool
- Stay out of the pool during rain and lightning storms
- Place a safety cover on the pool when not in use
- Store pool chemicals in a safe area away from children
About NJM Insurance Group's Commitment to Safety
NJM's enduring commitment to safety can be traced back to our earliest days — with a focus that has expanded from improving conditions in manufacturing facilities to helping keep customers safe on the roads and at home. NJM is a leader in personal and commercial auto, homeowners, and workers' compensation insurance.