Personal Umbrella Liability Policy
An umbrella policy is available to personal auto policyholders of NJM.
Here are some facts about our Personal Umbrella Liability Policy:
- Applicants must have and, if accepted, must maintain a personal auto policy issued by NJM Insurance Group. The underlying auto and homeowner policies each must have a liability limit of at least $500,000. Members of Homeowners or Condominium Associations must carry, at a minimum, $50,000, in loss assessment coverage.
- The umbrella policy supplements the liability limits already provided by underlying personal insurance policies in amounts starting at $1,000,000 per occurrence.
- Our policy affords protection against personal injury liability losses such as libel, slander and defamation of character, which are not covered by personal auto or homeowners insurance.
- A $1,000 deductible applies to occurrences covered under the personal umbrella liability policy, which are not covered under a primary personal liability policy.
- Umbrella coverage is worldwide and intended for personal exposures only.
- The policy contains coverage exclusions including, but not limited to:
- aircraft ownership, maintenance or use.
- business activities and professional exposures.
- liability claims by one family member against another family member who resides in the same household.
- punitive damages.
- release of fuel or fuel products from a storage tank.
- transmission of communicable diseases, sexual molestation, corporal punishment and physical or mental abuse.
- uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
- contractual liability.
- The base premium for a $1,000,000 PA umbrella insurance policy for a risk involving two cars, one residence, no inexperienced drivers and no other liability exposure premium is approximately $220. Based upon the information provided to us and subject to our underwriting approval, a personalized premium quotation will be issued.
This information is furnished to acquaint you with our personal umbrella policy and neither provides nor interprets coverage. If you have any questions about the umbrella insurance information, call us at 1-800-232-6600, ext. 4551.