NJM Fact Sheet
Founded in 1913, NJM is the Garden State's largest workers' compensation carrier and second largest provider of personal auto and property insurance. It is also among the state's leaders in umbrella and commercial auto insurance.
- NJM's mission is to provide value-based insurance solutions for the sole benefit of policyholders with the highest levels of service, integrity and financial stewardship.
- NJM operates in a mutual fashion for the sole benefit and service of policyholders, to whom it has paid more than $6 billion in dividends since 1918.
- NJM has earned a national reputation for outstanding customer and claims service, and is regularly a top performer in published consumer surveys. The Company also has consistently achieved among the lowest levels of valid complaints in the annual New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance Consumer Information Report, and has registered zero valid complaints in three of the last seven years.
- NJM has an enduring commitment to safety that can be traced back to its earliest days. Loss prevention services are included with all workers' compensation policies and the Company offers an award-winning Teen Driver Safety Program, which now includes Share the Keys, at no cost to all New Jersey and Pennsylvania high schools.
- NJM has long supported the communities in which its policyholders and employees live and work through its human and financial resources.
- A.M. Best Company, the nation’s oldest and most widely regarded rating agency dedicated to the insurance industry, rates NJM "A+" (Superior) for financial strength. NJM shares this distinction with only 11.9 percent of rated property casualty insurers nationwide.
- Headquartered in West Trenton, NJ, with offices in Parsippany and Hammonton, the Company employs approximately 2,500 New Jersey-based workers.