Skip to Main Content

Flood Insurance Claims

You Can Call Us 24/7

Claims for flood policies issued by NJM's subsidiary, New Jersey Re-Insurance Company, are processed by our service vendor, National Flood Services (NFS), who will assign an independent adjusting company to inspect the damaged property and handle the settlement.

What You Should Do:

  1. Contact NJM to report your claim.
  2. Protect your property from further damage as much as possible.
  3. If possible, take photos of the damaged areas (outside and inside) to show water marks.
  4. If emergency repairs must be done - such as to heating, electrical and/or water systems — proceed with the repairs and retain itemized bills for the adjuster.

Preparing for the Adjuster

Remove damaged property from the premises and keep them in one area outside available for the adjuster to assess damage. It will also help to have a list prepared of all your damaged items for the adjuster. You should also keep track of any cleanup work that’s done by you for possible reimbursement.