Protecting Your Future

New Jersey Umbrella Insurance

Protection for the Unexpected

Causing injury to someone or damaging their property can put everything you own at risk. Umbrella insurance can give you up to $5 million in liability coverage worldwide in addition to what you already have with your NJM auto or home policy. Umbrella insurance also provides coverage for libel, slander, and defamation lawsuits. It’s a great way to protect you and your family's assets.

Added Protection for Your Auto Policy

In the event of a lawsuit resulting from a covered accident, your umbrella policy limit will provide another level of protection above the liability limit of your auto policy.

Safeguarding Your Home from Liability

Unfortunately, accidents happen in the home, sometimes resulting in serious injuries to visitors. Such accidents could lead to a significant liability claim against the homeowner. Your neighbor slips on an icy sidewalk, your guest trips and falls down the stairs, or your pet bites a guest or someone walking by your house. An umbrella policy will give you additional protection for covered liability claims beyond your homeowners policy limits.

See If You're Eligible

Umbrella policies are available to current NJM auto policyholders and auto applicants, once their auto policy is purchased. The underlying auto and homeowners policies each must have a liability limit of at least $500,000.

How Much Does It Cost?

Umbrella policies are more affordable than you might think. A $1 million NJ umbrella policy for a customer with two cars and one home would cost between $250–$335, in most cases.* So, for less than $1 a day you can have the added peace of mind of up to $5 million in liability protection — good anywhere in the world.

Should You Have Umbrella Insurance? Ask Us.

Contact us to speak with a representative who can answer your questions and complete your application over the phone.

*The actual price of the policy will vary based on your specific liability exposures and the coverage limit chosen. Your auto and homeowners policies each need to have a minimum liability of $500,000 and members of homeowners or condominium associations need to have a minimum of $50,000 in loss assessment protection.