Become a Share the Keys Facilitator
Become a Facilitator
Facilitators play two important roles in Share the Keys (STK), acting as advocates to help bring the program to their local community and presenting the orientation along with NJM. Facilitators help parents and teens understand the Graduated Driver Licensing process, the risks involved and how to avoid them. They also engage parents and teens by providing information, experiences and resources that will help develop safe driving skills for life.
Facilitators are asked to attend a one-day training session. This is an engaging and interactive professional development workshop that provides participants with the tools and resources needed to effectively deliver and administer a successful STK program. Training workshops are conducted throughout the state, and include a comprehensive review of the research and theories used to build the evidence-based content and delivery style of the program. All participants who successfully complete the full-day training will become certified Share the Keys facilitators and receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
- Build your STK team. (Co-facilitators, volunteers, student government, NHS, boosters, PTA/PTO/HSA, SADD, etc.).
- Schedule a planning meeting with the STK team.
- Determine whether the presentation will be mandatory or voluntary for parents/teens.
- Announce the program in school paper, email blast, post to website, post on social media.
- Send press release/media advisory to local media to promote the program.
- Identify prizes to incent participation. Reach out to local businesses for donations (gas card, coffee shop or convenience store gift card, mugs, water bottles, key chains or t-shirts) emergency roadside kits and driving school lessons (discounted or free).
- Ensure your venue has the required audio-visual and facility requirements (projector, screen, wireless microphones and sound system) climate controls, restrooms, etc.
- Establish a sign-in, greeting and seating process with volunteers for attendees.
- Ensure that attendees complete and return pre- and post-surveys and contact cards.
- Have fun and save lives!
To register for facilitator training, simply complete the form below, or call us at (609) 883-1300, ext. 7541.
Please provide the following information: