Jewelry, Silverware, and Fur Insurance
NJM Homeowners, Renters, and Condo policies include coverage for personal property such as furniture, clothing, housewares, etc. But what about the treasured diamond earrings or engagement ring you're wearing right now? For these items you may want consider adding Scheduled Personal Property Endorsement to your Homeowners, Renters or Condo policy.
What Exactly Is a Scheduled Personal Property Endorsement?
Sometimes referred to as a rider or jewelry insurance, Scheduled Personal Property is an optional endorsement that provides greater protection for certain high-value items. Items covered by this endorsement will receive replacement cost value in the event of a loss, with no deductible. Without it, your loss is subject to the standard limits property policy and a deductible applies.
A Scheduled Personal Property Endorsement also enhances coverage to include accidental loss. So if you're at the beach and you lose your wedding ring in the sand, you're covered.
- New Jersey policies: $1,500 theft coverage limit, after the deductible, for all items stolen at the same time
- Pennsylvania policies: $1,000 theft coverage limit, after the deductible, for all items stolen at the same time
- New Jersey and Pennsylvania policies: $2,500 theft coverage limit, after the deductible, for all items stolen at the same time
How to apply:
- Obtain an up-to-date appraisal of each item
- Take a photograph of each item
- Make a photocopy of your original purchase receipt for each item, if possible
- Complete the Scheduled Personal Property Coverage Application
- Print, sign, and mail all of the above to the NJM mailing address on the application form
*This information will be used by NJM to underwrite your request and, in the event of a loss, we elect to replace or repair your lost valuables. Coverage cannot be considered bound until you are notified that you have followed the application procedure and that your application has been accepted and approved by our underwriters.