Extra Coverage for Prized Possessions 

Renters Insurance Endorsements

Insure Your Valuables

Your standard NJM Renters Insurance policy will insure the personal property at your place. But what if you want to add more coverage for jewelry, silverware, furs, or computer equipment? You may even want insurance for credit card and identity fraud. What you need are endorsements. An endorsement can either increase the dollar limit of coverage for certain items or extend coverage to items not included in your standard renters insurance policy.

Customize Your Policy with Endorsements:

To add an endorsement, give us a call at 1-800-232-6600.

Scheduled Personal Property

Provides broader protection for specific articles of jewelry, fur and/or silverware (no deductible applies). May require an up-to-date appraisal, photos, and a copy of the original receipt for each item. Learn more.

Credit Card, Fund Transfer Card, Forgery, and Counterfeit Money Coverage

Increases your maximum NJM Renters policy coverage of $500 if you experience a loss due to fraudulent use of your credit card, forged check or counterfeit money (no deductible applies). Select an amount from available limits up to $50,000.

Personal Property Increased Special Limits of Liability

Increases coverage on certain categories of personal property that are subject to special limits. Includes money, securities, jewelry, watches, furs, firearms, silverware, electronic apparatus and computer equipment.

Special limits of coverage apply to some categories of personal property; refer to your policy for a complete list.

Standard Limits for Certain Types of Personal Property
Money $200
Securities $1,500
Jewelry, watches, furs, and precious/semi-precious stones $1,500 theft only
Firearms $2,500 theft only
Silverware $2,500 theft only
Computer Equipment $4,000

Identity Fraud Expense Coverage

Provides reimbursement up to $15,000 for expenses incurred as a result of identity fraud.

Other Members of Your Household

Extends personal property and liability coverage to other members of your household. Although your policy provides coverage for the personal belongings owned by you and your family members who live with you, this endorsement provides coverage to protect the property owned by other household residents who are not relatives or tenants.

Limited Fungi, Wet or Dry Rot, or Bacteria

Provides additional coverage in the event of a covered loss for the cost to remove fungi from your personal property.

Water Back-up and Sump Discharge or Overflow

This endorsement provides coverage for damage to your personal property caused by water or waterborne material which backs up through your sump pump or overflows or is discharged from a sump or related equipment. It does not cover the sump pump itself.

Earthquake (MD, NJ, OH, and PA Only)

While earthquakes are rare for this part of the United States, the possibility always exists. Damage caused by earthquakes is not covered under a renters policy. Coverage can provide protection for damage to your personal belongings caused by an earthquake.

Assisted Living Care Coverage

Provides personal property and personal liability coverage to a named relative residing in an assisted living facility.

Increased Amount of Insurance for Personal Property Located in a Self Storage Facility

An NJM Renters policy automatically provides coverage for your personal property in a self-storage facility (up to 10% of your personal property limit or $1,000, whichever is greater). This endorsement increases that limit.

To add an endorsement, give us a call at 1-800-232-6600.

The information contained on this page should not be construed as legal, financial or insurance advice. The coverage afforded for a particular loss depends on the specific facts and the terms, exclusions, and limits of the actual policy. Nothing on this site alters the terms or conditions of any policy; the policy controls coverage. Coverage options, limits, discounts, deductibles, and other features are subject to underwriting criteria, state availability, and effective dates. Coverage provided and underwritten by NJM Insurance Company and its subsidiaries, 301 Sullivan Way, W. Trenton, NJ 08628.