NJM has grown to become one of the largest auto insurance companies in New Jersey, and also offers auto insurance to Pennsylvania drivers. Between these two states, the Company insures more than 840,000 vehicles.
NJM policies run for a full year, not just six months, the way most other auto insurers issue coverage. Our way ensures your rates will be stable for the entire 12 months. NJM offers many other benefits to policyholders including:
Discounts for Drivers
You may qualify for the following discounts: Homeowners Companion, Multi-Car, Anti-Theft, Driver Training, Good Student and Mature Driver Improvement.
NJM car insurance policies include roadside assistance. This value-added service, which includes emergency towing, is available 24/7 anywhere in the United States or Canada.
Nationally Recognized Customer Service
NJM was privileged to earn the top spot nationally in a 2015 survey for claims satisfaction by a leading consumer publication.
A.M. Best Company, the country’s primary insurance rating agency, rates NJM “A+” (Superior) for financial strength. That's a sign of security that policyholders can trust.
Do I Qualify For NJM Auto Insurance?
You are eligible to apply for NJM car insurance coverage if you or your spouse are:
- Currently employed by a member organization of the New Jersey Business & Industry Association (NJBIA); or
- Currently employed by the State of New Jersey; or
- Currently employed by a New Jersey county, municipality, or township; or
- Currently employed by a New Jersey public school; or
- Currently employed by the federal government; or
- The named insured or resident spouse on a current or previous NJM policy for car insurance or homeowners insurance; or
- A current or previous resident insured operator of a vehicle covered under an NJM car insurance policy; or
- A current or previous insured operator on an NJM commercial auto policy.
Approximately 20,000 employers across the state are members of the New Jersey Business & Industry Association (NJBIA). To find out if your company is a member, check with your employer or contact us for assistance.
Membership eligibility may not be extended from family members unless the applicant or spouse is currently or was previously listed as an insured driver on the family member's NJM auto insurance policy.
Anyone who was previously a named insured, resident spouse or an insured driver on an NJM auto insurance policy is eligible to apply again. Applicants are subject to an underwriting review and must meet our acceptance criteria.
Pennsylvania Auto Insurance Coverages
Pennsylvania No-Fault Insurance
Since Pennsylvania is a no-fault state, if you or anyone covered by your policy are injured in an auto accident, your policy pays for your own medical expenses no matter who caused the auto accident.
Pennsylvania First Party Benefits
First Party Benefits provide medical coverage for injuries you, or anyone covered by your policy, suffer in an auto accident, regardless of fault. Optional First Party Benefits include coverage for:
- Lost wages
- Funeral expense
- Accidental death