NJM has grown to become one of the largest auto insurance companies in New Jersey, and also offers auto insurance to Pennsylvania drivers. Between these two states, the Company insures more than 840,000 vehicles. NJM offers many benefits to policyholders including:
- A Savings of 20% Over Competitors
Percentage is based upon a comparison of the average NJM premium with the average statewide premium as reported by the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance .
- Discounts for Drivers
You may qualify for the following discounts: Auto Companion, Multi-Car, Anti-Theft, Driver Training, Good Student and Defensive Driving. Plus, customers who have both car and homeowners or condominium insurance with NJM receive a 15% discount on their homeowners insurance policy premiums.
- Auto Insurance Dividends
NJM is known for its dividends. From our earliest days, one of our goals has been to return as much money as prudently possible to our policyholders. Dividend payments, while not guaranteed in the future, have been made every year since 1918, a cumulative total of nearly $6.0 billion.
- Roadside Assistance
NJM car insurance policies include roadside assistance. Getting NJM's help in response to a vehicle disablement is as simple as one phone call, anytime. This value-added service, which includes emergency towing, is available 24/7 anywhere in the United States or Canada.
New Jersey Auto Insurance Coverages
Required Coverages and Limits
A New Jersey auto policy must provide:
- $15,000/$30,000 of bodily injury liability per person/per incident
- $5,000 of property damage liability coverage per incident
- $15,000/$30,000 of uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage per person/per incident
- $15,000 of personal injury protection per person
- $5,000 of uninsured/underinsured motorist property damage coverage per incident
New Jersey No-Fault Insurance
Since New Jersey is a no-fault state, if you or anyone covered by your policy are injured in an auto accident, your policy pays for your own medical expenses no matter who caused the auto accident.
New Jersey PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) provides medical coverage for injuries you, or anyone covered by your policy, suffer in an auto accident. PIP has two parts:
- Coverage for the cost of treatment you receive from hospitals, doctors and other medical providers and any medical equipment that may be needed to treat your injuries.
- Reimbursement for certain other expenses you may have because you are hurt, such as lost wages and the need to hire someone to take care of your home or family.